Crypt is an action-puzzle-platformer game featuring a cast of Cryptids, supernatural creatures with unique abilities. It is a new entry in the line of toys-to-life franchises such as Skylanders or Disney Infinity.
When Earth's supernatural creatures, Cryptids, were forced out of hiding, they were transported to a new dimension. Bigfoot called it the Beast Dimension, for the monsters living there were far more ferocious and savage than anyone in the group. Along with the help of Ahool, Nessie, Chupacabra, and Jersey Devil, he formed the Cryptid Force and vowed to defeat the evil lurking there and possibly return to Earth to reclaim their homes.
- Ahool (Gliding, Strength)
- Jersey Devil (Gliding)
- Mothman (Gliding, Speed)
- Thunderbird (Gliding, Speed, Storm)
- Olitiau (Gliding, Speed)
- Flying Snake (Gliding, Camouflage)
- Batsquatch (Gliding, Speed)
- Bigfoot (Strength, Climbing, Enhanced Jump)
- Skunk Ape (Super Strength, Climbing, Enhanced Jump)
- Chupacabra (Speed, Digging)
- Yeti (Strength, Snow)
- Mapinguari (Digging)
- B.O.B.R. (Strength, Enhanced Jump, Speed)
- Death Worm (Speed, Digging)
- Beast of Busco (Strength)
- Nessie (Swimming, Diving, Strength)
- Kraken (Swimming, Strength)
- Globster (Swimming)
- Tahoe Tessie (Swimming, Speed, Diving)
- Dobhar-chú (Swimming, Speed)
- Trunko (Swimming, Strength)
- C.I.M. (Swimming)
- The combat and giant monster fights were inspired largely by Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
- The word "Cryptid" and its other forms are capitalized to show their importance, although it is not this way in the English language.
- There are only three elements, all of which are in Latin. "Aeris" means "air", "Terra" means "earth", and "Lacus" means "lake" or some body of water.